Finally got around to cleaning tons of crude off what might be one of my favourite lamps (Dolphin). Not sure why dolphins there actually fish. I'm glad I did it proper and took it apart as someone had spliced and taped the original cloth wiring onto some newer wiring in the column. So I scrubbed with vinegar and toothbrush, rewired and removed a goofy makeshift washer that was added. I'll never be able to afford a signed original hand painted glass shade (not that I like them much) but I really like the black cloth one I found.
Combined total cost to restore both lamps including initial purchase, wiring, switch and two shades $62. Undecided if I want to sell just yet but if I do I think I'll see a nice return.