What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Big Changes, Big Losses, still a Bigger Future

Been awhile and may be awhile longer or if ever I decide to post new finds in the future, so much of what I have collected and shared here and much more that I haven't shared because of time constraints is now gone on the garbage pile, much like the five year relationship with the love of my life it all appears to have run it's course and come to an end. I could not take all the furniture I had collected and refinished or planned to refinish and furnish our house with and I could not afford to put all into storage, a very few pieces and not even the best I have kept to furnish a meagre apartment but with a day to load all into a large moving van and only six hours to do something with it I could find no takers not even the few second hand shops that I approached had the space available to take it so off to the local landfill and onto the pile it went, broke my heart and brought me to tears to see these things go but it really wasn't about the furniture it was the failed relationship that inspired my collection that hurt the most.........Stuff! it's only stuff. How much do we really need and how arrogant we are to surround ourselves with so much stuff. I had little before this relationship and I can do with little again, this may be the push I need to follow other interests, I have enjoyed three week road trips camping my way across Canada for years, it may be time to hit the road and explore new and renewed interests.....I may be back, I may not, only time will tell and only time can heal a broken heart......

No comments:

Post a Comment