What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mahogany table-Yugoslavian lounge chairs








I dismantled stripped and refinished the mahogany table and am in the process of doing the same to the chairs. The light coloured chair is finished the dark is not. Both have been exposed to weather so the wood is grey in spots which could have been remedied with stain to make it all the same, the finished one was really rough and while not perfect I'm happy with it, I have the original brown vinyl cushions and they are like new they just need a light wash and a little Armour All. Both chairs are done, I'm content with them for my own use on the patio (they are sooo comfortable) but if I was to sell I might try to stain or sand out some the grey that sun and weather has damaged. The wood is still very much solid though.

No comments:

Post a Comment