What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Wednesday, February 29, 2012

thought of the day

No pics just a thought. What if there were a collective of people from your own or adjacent area codes or farther out who all dig vintage stuff, are into thrift stores, yard sales, salvage/scrap yards, landfill re-use stores etc who all could get together on one site and post things they were looking for and either trade or reimburse for the cost of the item plus postage or fuel for delivery to the person who makes "the find". Would that be utopia or Eden or the great garage sale in the sky. Does it already exist? Is there one blog or bulletin board out there already that I haven't discovered? E-bay is all right for looking and Etsy has a cool vibe but nothing beats the thrill of the hunt digging through shelves or piles of stuff in that favorite second hand shop, throwing elbows and slamming carts together as you spy someone else eyeballing that one cool piece. A collective of like minded individuals all out there hunting for you for that one thing you must have, wouldn't that be great? Or would it take the fun out it and ruin that giddy child like feeling of Christmas morning every time you pass the favorite shop and crack your wallet open to see if you have ten bucks and how far you can stretch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment