What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Sunday, March 25, 2012

Group Of Seven Prints




I've always liked the Group Of Seven and it might be because I live in Ontario and have camped all over this province and country and reminisce when I see the artwork. I have looked hi and low for a Group Of Seven paint by numbers kit that I can carbon copy and transfer onto other media like a fence, mailbox or whatever my imagination can come up with. These are just prints one came from an auction that I feel I overpaid on and the other from Value Village that was a deal and would have bought regardless because I couldn't stand seeing it next to all the "PLAK-IT" Tony Montana, Miley Cyrus junk. I really want to find some nice frames and hang them soon. I have a bunch of other Group of Seven prints that came from another auction I paid $5 for, I don't think anyone new what they were because they were just piled with a bunch of other ephemera, there not the nicest and it looks like they were presented yearly to certain employees of a local steel mill in the 50's and 60's. I also have a pile of 1940s Esquire Magazine clippings that came from an old cottage in the Muskokas of birds that look like Audubons and I love them but they are so delicate....I just noticed something weird, in the mountian print it looks like letters near the middle but when you see it in reality there not there and it's not a reflection hmm. Must be because it's a print. Also lots of errors in the grammar on the attached document.

No comments:

Post a Comment