What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Saturday, March 17, 2012

Medalta Pottery medalta.org/











On a road trip from Hamilton,Ont to Vancouver, BC in July 2011 my girlfriend and I stopped in Medicine Hat ,AB and checked out the recently opened but not completed Medalta Museum and tour. There were the two of us and three older ladies who took the tour, one woman's husband and another's father actually worked in the foundry which is now the museum. After the tour we stopped and talked to the curator, a wonderful lady who I'm embarrassed to say I cannot remember her name right now, this nice woman gave my girlfriend and I a private tour of the museum side and what an awesome history lesson that was. After the tour we exchanged emails and vowed to keep in touch if we found something on our travels that wasn't already in the museum collection. I only wish I hadn't got so wrapped up in the museum and had taken more photos, Medalta actually made a lot more than just stoneware crocks. Here are a few photos and a link to the museum.          medalta.org

No comments:

Post a Comment