What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Sunday, April 29, 2012

Aberfoyle Antique Market-Opening Weekend

nice set reasonably priced at $175


awesome set solid teak, thick & chunky well worth $345 though they are new  


not to fond of tile inlay but the tile pattern caught my eye


impressive mostly single plank(some 2ft wide) tables of walnut, cherry, oak, 2" thick rough cut finished 2 sides. many more on other side of tent

nice set for an office just need a little leather conditioner and a light cleaning of the wood


mosaic tile coffee table


interesting lounge chairs, overpriced as many had tears in the vinyl


my personal favourite of the day is this 50s folding serving cart, was in immaculate condition but the $150 price was a little steep for me
This was the first weekend for the Aberfoyle Antique Market, I wasn't overly impressed with the permanent vendors wares but the once per week parking lot space vendors never fail to have some great stuff. These are some pics of some things I found interesting. No purchases today, this was more of a fact finding mission.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fine day for a Flea Market trip. We were gonna get up early and hit the Wentzville Flea Market but it was raining this morning (and lots yesterday...along with baseball size hail just a few miles south of us!) so we rolled over and drifted back to sleepy land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool around 17c or 62f but the sun felt nice, until I got home and felt the burn on my head. Was a good day for an opening day.

      Delete
  2. I likely would have picked the dining table and chairs for the price and love the look of the newer chairs as well! You have to go with your instincts though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those teak chairs were awesome, quality all the way. The wood was no less than an inch thick throughout. I couldn't believe it. I also liked the dining set but don't have space for right now.

      Delete
  3. I really like the single plank tables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen tables like this before but these ones were done well. Most were just big enough you could put behind a couch or in an entry if the space was big enough. The species of woods that were used looked amazing all sanded smooth and finished.

      Delete