What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Thursday, April 12, 2012

Unidentified Chair Refinish Issue





I really want to get going on my Krug table and chair set but it's gong to require all my attention and dedication so I started on my unidentified chairs from a couple posts back. I dismantled and sanded one last night, so far so good and all the paint is off the visible areas but there are some troubling stains that might be ink but I cannot be certain. I haven't tried yet but I heard a baking soda paste rubbed on lightly and then a washed off with Murphy's  might fade it. I also heard rubbing alcohol may work. I would like to keep the blonde colour but if I cannot get the stains out then I may be forced to use a Jacobean or other dark stain to mask whatever it is. Anyone else have any bright ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I'm clueless when it comes to refinishing furniture, but I can't wait to see them when you're done.

    ReplyDelete