What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Monday, April 16, 2012

one of my favourite spaces



I play with this space a lot and have posted about items in it before, I'm always rearranging always adding and removing things. The desk and chair are the anchor and everything else is bait that draws me in, I do sit here to use the laptop or write so don't think it's just window dressing  The flash on the camera takes away from the actual warm feeling this space actually generates, the speakers and stereo components on the desks shelf don't help much either and they will be leaving soon. One interesting thing in these pics is the candelabra light as it seems to attract a lot of fans, if only they new this was found in a garbage pile minus the wiring and and shades. I rewired and paid $2.00 for all the shades second hand. The 1940s dress form was a score along with the curly lambs wool coat of which I have three more that I hope to sell as props. Things you can't see are on the side shelves, on them are older mason (canning,pickling) jars filled with old wooden thread bobbins and other odds and ends that were found in my grand parents collections after they passed. The novels are leather bound and are part of the Waverley novels (Ivan Hoe, Guy Mannering etc) which I will one day have looked at buy a proffesional to see if they have value or just have visual appeal which I am happy with. Everything else is just fluff and things I find interesting with exception to the girlfriends family pics. Just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment