What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kirkendall Neighborhood Hamilton Ontario

DSCN0022DSCN0023DSCN0108DSCN0109DSCN0034DSCN0031
DSCN0029DSCN0028DSCN0027DSCN0026DSCN0025DSCN0024
DSCN0030DSCN0053

No new items, purchases or freebie finds to post this week, I've just been puttering around with something's I've been stock piling. So I thought I'd share some pics of homes, apartments and wall advertising in the girlfriends neighbourhood that I like, none of which is mid century modern but I like the detail and craftsmanship that went into these old buildings. The very large yellow brick house with green trim is a fav of mine. There are a lot more houses in the Kirkendall neighbourhood of Hamilton that I like and even some cool Mid Century Modern homes that I can post later, this just happened to be a direction I was walking. It's sad to see less of old buildings being salvaged when they become to dilapidated or are demolished in the name of progress as costs rise for fuel and labour etc more and more good architectural pieces are ending up in landfills.

No comments:

Post a Comment