What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Thursday, April 26, 2012

OCD In Full Affect-Kathie Winkle Designs

This is the pattern I've been telling Mr Modtomic & Nickarmadillo (MCMidwest) about and now I can't get it out of my head (must be OCD). I keep referring to it wrong, It's "Broadhurst Ironstone w/designs by Kathie Winkle" this pattern is called "Rushtone" circa 1965. This image is a set that is posted on KIJIJI (Canadian classified kind of a combo of E-bay & Craigslist) it's 38pcs for $60 located in B.C. I've spotted the large platter and large bowl both in the center of this pic at a local thrift shop for $7 pair. Kathie Winkle did some floral patterns in a modern theme but it's the geometric I find appealing.....And last night I spotted 18pcs of Russel Wright Oneida China 11 dinner plates and 7 sandwich plates for around $36, they were all the same a deep brown with a lighter brown around the edge kind like a stone crock look. I didn't find it that appealing, kind of blah. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool pattern! I think $60 is a pretty good price for that many pieces. I looked forward to seeing the Oneida Russel Wright reissue, but I was pretty disappointed when it came out. Evidently other people were too, because I don't think it went over particularly well. I have service for 24 and lots of serving pieces of Russel Wright Iroquois Casual in avocado yellow and ripe apricot, and I use it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana, I'm liking this set and a few others Kathie Winkle designed, I just don't really have much need for them. It's more of a want that would probably never get used for fear of chipping or breaking. The Russel Wright was kind of a disappointment, I`ve seen single large plates or platters before that were much nicer.

      Delete