What's old is new

This is my place to show off the items I would call vintage, things I have either refinished or kept as is and find interesting. I am still a kid at heart bringing home what some might call junk and am always in search of that buried treasure. I am not a picker and I am not a hoarder, working with my hands on my own time repairing or refinishing the things I find brings me peace of mind and time to myself to contemplate whatever has transpired in my life or time to just zone out and concentrate on the task at hand. Some items for sale or possible trade just ask..click on my profile and send me an email.







Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TIN WALL ART PT 2




So I posted this art earlier from an add on Craigslist in Toronto and a gentleman from the U.S. who I won't divulge for the sake of privacy saw it and mistook it for being mine. I replied and explained it wasn't mine but if he was really interested I could see about acquiring for him. So for the $50 cost of the art I pulled some strings and was able to get my hands on it at no extra cost, over the course of a week we corresponded back and forth to try and set something up to have it shipped. The gentleman even offered to pay a finders fee but I replied that wasn't necessary as it really was no hassle, so over the course of the week I wasn't able to obtain sufficient packaging or get access to the post office as I work a regular 9-5 job and I had to wait till Saturday. This past weekend came and brought a huge bubble bursting revelation, shipping from Canada to U.S. is insane. I could tell the gentleman was still interested in the art but like me was not expecting the heavy shipping cost so I pulled up my big boy pants and gave the gentleman an out and explained it was no biggie and it really wasn't. While I'm not keen on the art I am planning on setting up a one day booth at an outdoor antique market later this spring or early summer, and for the $50 I spent I feel I'll be able to get it back. The piece with the wharf  looks very similar to C.Jere but I can find no signature, the other with the three boats does have an engraved signature and is dated "84. If any of you who read this can make out the signature I'd appreciate some insight. And if the gentleman is reading this, seriously it was no hassle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment